users can view the status of the above mentioned type of articles by
entering the articles number and touching the Track button. The
following additional facilities are also available.
• Save the results for future reference
• Share it with others through Android native sharing apps viz. Bluetooth, WhatsApp, Facebook etc.
POST OFFICE SEARCH: By
entering first four character of the name of the Post office or by
entering the Pin code of the office the users can get a list of matching
Post offices. By clicking again on the row the user gets the details
like Name of Post office, Street address (location), contact details of
the Post office (where ever available) for the selected Post office. The
name of the Division and contact details of the Divisional
Superintendent (where ever available), details of Regional Postmaster
General and the Chief Postmaster General will also displayed.
POSTAGE CALCULATOR: The
app will calculate the Postage (tariff) to be paid for all types of
articles based on the weight entered by the user. The unique feature of
the Postage Calculator is that in single query it shows the tariff
chargeable for the following items..
• Ordinary letter • Speed post Domestic *
• Registered letter • Ordinary Parcel
• Registered Parcel • Registered book packet
• Registered book packet containing Printed books • Ordinary Registered book packet
• Ordinary book packet containing Printed books • Book packet containing periodicals
• Book packet containing Registered News papers
• *Domestic Speed Post Tariff depends on distance between place of origin and destination.
• Based on tariff there are 5 slabs of tariff viz. local, up to 200 KM,
201 to 1000 KM, and 1001 to 2000KM and above 2000KM. The calculator
shows the tariff for all categories)
PREMIUM CALCULATOR The
Department is offering various types of Life Insurance Policies through
Postal Life Insurance and Rural Postal Life Insurance. The users can
check the premium payable for all the eligible types of Postal /Rural
Postal Life insurance Policies on the basis of the input entered.
INTEREST CALCULATOR Post office is offering different types of Small Savings Schemes as mentioned below:
• Sukanya Samriddhi yojaana • Recurring Deposit
• Time Deposit (1 year, 2 year, 3 year and 5 year) • Monthly Income Scheme
• Senior Citizen Savings Scheme • National Savings Certificate
• Kisan Vikas Patra
The calculator shows the interest rate for each savings scheme. By entering the amount