12 - 12 - 12
STRIKE! STRIKE!! STRIKE !!!
12TH DECEMBER 2012 - ALL INDIA CENTRAL
GOVT. EMPLOYEES STRIKE
13 lakhs Employees unitedly demand the Central Government to
CHANGE THE POLICIES
“WORKERS ARE NOT BEGGARS”
- IF YOU WANT TO STOP PRICE RISE AND EROSION IN REAL WAGES.
- IF YOU WANT 7TH PAY COMMISSION AND FIVE YEAR WAGE REVISION.
- IF YOU WANT MERGER OF DA WITH PAY.
- IF YOU WANT REMOVAL OF RETROGRADE CONDITIONS ON COMPASSIONATE APPOINTMENTS.
- IF YOU WANT TO FILL UP ALL VACANT POSTS.
- IF YOU WANT THE GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS TO BE TREATED AS CIVIL SERVANTS.
- IF YOU WANT TO END DISCRIMINATION TOWARDS GDS AND EXTENSION OF ALL BENEFITS AT PAR WITH REGULAR EMPLOYEES.
- IF YOU WANT THE REVISION OF WAGES OF CASUAL LABOURERS AND REGULARIZATION.
- IF YOU WANT TO SCRAP PFRDA BILL AND NEW PENSION SCHEME.
- IF YOU WANT TO STOP DOWNSIZING, OUT SOURCING, CONTRACTORIZATION, CORPORATISATION AND PRIVATISATION.
- IF YOU WANT TO REVIVE THE JCM FORUMS AND SETTLE ANOMALIES INCLUDING MACP ANOMALY.
- IF YOU WANT TO IMPLEMENT ARBITRATION AWARDS.
- IF YOU WANT FIVE PROMOTIONS.
- IF YOU WANT REVISION OF OTA RATES AND NIGHT DUTY ALLOWANCE.
- IF YOU WANT ELIGIBLE PRODUCTIVITY LINKED BONUS FOR ALL.
- IF YOU WANT “RIGHT TO STRIKE” AS A LEGAL RIGHT
- IF YOU WANT TO STOP TRADE UNION VICTIMIZATIONS.
- TO CHANGE THE POLICY OF THE GOVERNMENT
- TO ENSURE JOB SECURITY AND NEED BASED MINIMUM WAGE
- TO PROTECT CENTRAL SERVICES INCLUDING POSTAL
LET US STRIKE UNITEDLY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW
NFPE ZINDABAD! CONFEDERATION ZINDABAD !!
WORKING CLASS UNITY ZINDABAD !!!
“Organise if you want real living wages,
Organise if you want to have your working hours reduced,
Organise if you desire better treatment from you superior officers,
Organise if you want that the authorities should consult and consider your
opinion in all administrative measures affecting you”.
- Babu Tarapada Mukherjee, 1921 Lahore Speech
“We must therefore, determine to have our pay increased and working hours reduced. We must fight and fight and fight strenuously to secure what alone can make life worth living. We must make up our minds whether we shall continue to live as human cattle or “take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them”.
- Babu Tarapa Mukherjee, 1921 Lahore Speech
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU ON 1946 P&T STRIKE
“We have a very big gap between the cost of living and wages, and it is that gap which causes hunger and distress and ultimately strike. The point is that all over India there is that gap today and unless that gap is bridged, there will be industrial troubles. These can be bridged either by lowering the prices or by raising the wages. I see today vast fortunes accumulated in the hands of a few. On the other hand, the vast number of people are being faced with a heavy burden of prices. How are we to meet this question of strike? It is not possible or desirable to use the powers of the state (Govt.) against the strike”.
(Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru -Address to the Associated chamber of India in Kolkata on 12-12-1946)
“UNITY FOR STRUGGLE & STRUGGLE FOR UNITY”
“When the living conditions of the employees have been made critical by the accentuating economic crisis and the Govt’s persistent efforts to make the employees bear the burden of such crisis, when the discontentment among the employees are generating due to Govt’s refusal to come to the succor of the employees in such a critical living condition and when this discontentment is on the point of bursting out on surface particularly centering around the issue of Pay Commission - a great urge for unity among the employees and workers is being increasingly found manifest. The urge being found expression whenever call for united mass actions have been initiated in recent times to defend the living conditions and democratic rights of the workers and employees. Struggle for building up unity at the grass roots level, which can alone can ensure success at our struggles for higher wages for better living conditions and for democratic rights, is the key-task today”.
- K.G.Bose - 1973 - Article.